Wednesday, May 1, 2024

May 1st Doll Word Ramble

I just wanna ramble about how I feel about dolls, and this is my blog, so I'm gonna do it.  I have hyped up and bought into numerous brands trying to replace Rainbow High, and there's just no replacing them.  They're my dream dolls.  I'm seriously considering making a mini-me and mini-husband out of a color and create girl and an Aiden Russell doll.  I'm trying to stop looking for the new best thing so I can just enjoy what I have.  It's hard, when we live in a consumerist nightmare that's always trying to get you to buy stuff.  It's exhausting.

I'm completely uninterested in Rainbow World, the rebrand for Rainbow High.  I haven't bought a single Rainbow World item or watched a single episode.  I have my Rainbow High dolls, books, and episodes of seasons 1 thru 4.  I thought about buying the fashion packs, but they didn't show up in my local stores, and I'm not going to buy random shit from Amazon.  Stupid listing won't let me choose what I want!  None of the new stuff is for me.  MGA clearly doesn't want my money anymore.

Mattel's stressing me out too.  They've had tons of Skullector releases I'd have really liked to own, but didn't even try because how they do Skullector entirely pisses me off.  The dolls are only available for a minute, then they're bought up by resellers.  It's a little better that fang club members get an early order period, but they're still only available for like 10 minutes, then they're completely sold out.  And worse, I've seen tons of people getting their paid for orders cancelled and refunded on them.  And it sucks, because I really like the dolls made to look like black and white monster movie characters!  I enjoy really old black and white movies.  I'm the target audience, and  I'm just too put off by how they sell them.

Monster High G3 is giving me some grief too.  I think there's 20 Draculauras out in only 2 years.  That's insane!  I've only bought the core dolls, because all the dupes that come in big plastic coffins are too much!  I swear, these companies don't know how to chill at all.  All those giant plastic coffins could have been fashion packs.  That said, I'm still planning to get Catty Noir whenever she finally appears.  I still need to get caught up on the movies and cartoon show.  Who knows when that will get canceled.

Away from Mattel and MGA though, there's a few doll brands that have had my attention in passing.  LUV dolls don't match my aesthetic, but they have nice faces and they're well articulated, and they come with stands.  Only 1 outfit each and 30$, they might not do well at that price, but there are optional fashion packs coming out with them.

I'd really like to know when the rest of Rainbow Brite's friends are gonna be available.  I got her a month ago and there's been no sign of her friends.  Finally seeing her in stores though.  Girl's been sitting on my desk all month, waiting for her friends to show up.  I'm starting to panic that the rest of the line will never come.

I've gone hard into making model kits of robot girls and Pokemon.  They're not dolls, more like DIY action figures, but it's something to do.  Not that I have a shortage of things to do, but you know.  I was really hoping model kits of robot girls would scratch the new doll itch for me, and they scratch a new toy itch, but they don't have hair or clothes.  It's just not the same.

Also getting seriously into fanfiction, you might see some of my fics in the Rainbow High section of AO3 or Fanfiction.net.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment