Saturday, July 29, 2023

Ever After High, Miraculous Windfall

Something miraculous has happened.  10 years after they came out, I have been gifted some New In Box Ever After High dolls.There's a story to this.  My cousin's grandmother was a collector of all sorts of things.  Fashion, jewelry, Beanie Babies, she collected a lot.  What I didn't know, is she collected modern fashion dolls, like Monster High and Ever After High.

Last year, she passed away, leaving all of her collections to her grandchildren.  The dolls went to my cousin, a fellow doll collector, who knew I collect dolls.  She kept most of the Bratz, but knew I was an avid Ever After High fan, so she offered the Ever After High dolls to me!

I'm elated to get some boy dolls!  They were super rare and hard to get even when Ever After High was in stores.  Hunter and Dexter look amazing, and I always wanted them.  Also, that Ashlynn looks amazing, and I always regretted not getting her.

I did take Raven and Maddie, who some of you know I already have.  I might give those two back, but I was very caught up in the moment when they were offered to me.  NONE of these dolls are for sale.  They were a part of my cousin's inheritance, and I will not sell a single one.  I intend to open and play with Dexter, Ashlynn, and Hunter.  If I do not keep this Maddie and Raven, I will return them to my cousin to do with as she sees fit.

It's kind of amazing, I feel like I've been transported back in time ten years.  Since I'm falling out of love with current doll brands, now might be a good time to go back to Ever After High.  I have every book that was published, I will reread them all.  Maybe I'll get some secondhand dolls and fix them up myself.  I've learned some doll restoration skills from buying Equestria Girls secondhand.  It could be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment