Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Rainbow Brite Hype

Another hype post?  Yeah, but this time, one of the dolls is out already and I've ordered it.  I'm a sucker for 80s franchises, so when I heard Rainbow Brite and Strawberry Shortcake were getting reboots at a toy show last year, I was interested.  I didn't pay it as much mind then, because I had Rainbow High and Monster High to think about, but now that I'm pretty much done with both of those, I'm looking for something new to look forward to, and this might be perfect.  It's got 80's nostalgia, but modern mechanics, seems like a good balance of quality and affordability.   This is Rainbow Brite.  She retails for 13$ USD.  She's 5.5 inches tall, with crap tons of articulation.  Her design is very consistent with the g1 material.  I haven't watched any Rainbow Brite cartoons before, but I can find them on YouTube, so I will binge.  It's an 80s cartoon, which I usually enjoy.  Rainbow herself is the only character out so far, but 5 more dolls are advertised for later release.  There are also 4 more characters who don't have dolls advertised yet, including Shy Violet, who I would love to see.

1 comment:

  1. CUTE!!! I don't need her...I don't need her...LOL, thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete