Thursday, April 4, 2024

Rainbow Brite Unboxing

She arrived today!  This is the newest Rainbow Brite doll.  She's 13cm tall, and really well articulated, and super cute!  The packaging is delightfully retro with original artwork from the 80s.

Here's the back of the box, and the box's contents.  You're supposed to open the little doors to get the prizes out, but I cheated and pulled them all out the top.  It's fine.  OMG, she's so stinking cute!

Here's Rainbow Brite!  Out of the box!  She can stand on her own if you lean her forward a little bit.  She can also sit, but she cannot touch her face.

Here's a close up of her face!  Love the side glance, always.  She's got a teensy bit of eye wonk, but I'm fine with it.  She's so cute!

Here's all the accessories mine came with.  These are random, so you may get shoes instead, or a different colored lunchbox.  I've seen them in at least yellow, red, and blue.

Here's RB out of her main outfit, wearing the accessories.  I got a skirt and purse.  I could have had her holding her lunchbox too, but oh well.

Here's RB next to Spooka, my 10cm Obitsu.  They're almost the same height!  They also have similar articulation.  Spooka's articulation is smoother, but she's less durable and her parts come off.  RB has stiffer joints, but her hands and feet haven't come off for me.

Here's Spooka and RB naked.  RB is much chubbier and probably can't share clothes with Obitsus, but I have been told she might share with tiny BJDs.  She balances so good tho!  She's standing on her own!

Last, but not least, here's RB riding an 80s style My Little Pony!  They're the right scale, so if they don't make a Starlight toy, I can get her a rainbow pony friend.

Final thoughts: I'm absolutely in love!  This quality at this price point is a really really good deal, and just looking at her fills me with happiness!  I'm gonna get the entire line when it comes out!

No comments:

Post a Comment