Monday, September 30, 2024

Unboxing: Tickled Pink and Stormy from Rainbow Brite!

they have arrived!  Tickled Pink and Stormy are here!!!!  I had to unbox them immediately!

I unboxed Tickled Pink first because she was closest to my left hand when I took them out of the Amazon mailer.  Sorry this pic is dark, I needed to recharge my ring light, which I did for 10 minutes before continuing this photoshoot.

Here's Pinkie's box art.  I'm calling her Pinkie now, fight me.  I noticed they made the eyes blue here and on the doll, but I think her eyes are pink in the show??? I'll have to research this further and might repaint her irises...

Here's the back of the box!  Not sure why I took this pic this time, just felt like it.  Documenting for future me who threw out this box.

Here's what Pinkie's little in box insert looks like.  Her background is pink, which I really like.  Sadly, she has the exact same stickers as RB.

A few snips later, and she's out of the box!  Her hair's a little messy, but no biggie.  Her bangs look good, which is important.  They kinda match RB's.  I like the little ribbons on her pigtails, the extra details matter!

And here's her butt!  I don't normally take back pics, but I was feeling extra thorough today.  Just like RB, her dress is done up the back in Velcro.

Here's all the accessories Pinkie came with.  No fabric accessories, boo, but I'm happy with what I got.  She's got a dark pink comb, pink and yellow headband, butterfly purse, and the same lunchbox as my RB.

Next is Stormy!  I dunno why, I always like characters named Stormy.  But she has purple hair and sass, how can I say no?  Unlike the other two dolls, Stormy has green eyes and a side glance the other way, plus a little crazy eyebrows.  Cool.

Here's Stormy's box art, and her hair looks frickin wild, but that's how she looks in the show.  Her hair is lavender in the cartoon, but they darkened it for her toys, prolly to make her different from Shy Violet.  I need Shy Violet.  I hope they make Shy Violet.

Here's the back of the box!  I took a photo because I'm not keeping it.  I cut out the box art to keep though.

Here's Stormy out of the box, but still attached to her box insert.  She's got an interesting dress, matches the show, I think.  Surprising, her sleeves are hemmed, the other two their sleeves are cut.  Hmm.  I think she has the same cardboard backing as RB.

And she's out of the box!  Sorry, I watch too many doll videos on Youtube, I'm bound to quote them sometimes.  She stands on her own good, in spite of the lopsided hair.  She's good though.  I didn't take a good pic of it, but coming out of the top of her head is a purple, blue, and green braid.  Can't wait to find out what the story on that is.  Maybe she took a blood oath with Buddy Blue and Patty O Green.

Here's Stormy's backside!  You can see the braid a little here.  Same Velcro dress as the other two. More layers to the skirt though.

Sorry this pic isn't centered, but here's the accesories my Stormy came with.  Clearly she's kinda metal punk or something, I'm down for it.

 

And here's my favorite picture, a group shot of all three!  They all have identical bodies and identical underoos.  Pinkie's is pink and Stormy's is purple.  I really like these little friend-shaped squash-muffins and I hope they make the whole cast.  I'd love to buy them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment