Sunday, September 1, 2024

Unboxing: Clawd, Deuce, and Heath from Monster High

Here are 3 boxed Monster High boy dolls.  I was going to unbox each one, one at a time, one each week, for most of September.  I did not do that.  I savagely unboxed them all in one sitting. Warning, this particular blog entry is incredibly long.

Here's Deuce Gorgon new in box.  I like the snakes, I like the smirk, his eyes are a little high, but he's gonna wear glasses all the time, so it's fine.  His pants are a little short, which I don't like, so I'll make him new pants after I draft the boys pattern.

Yeah, his eyes are a little high, but it's fine.  He's such a good boy!

Here's Deuce out of box!  He's pretty good!  Not perfect.  His snake hair makes his glasses a little janky, and his pants are just too short, but he's a good boi.  Good articulation, but his right arm pops out too easily.  I'll have to keep an eye on him.

Yep, he's a good boi.

Since I unboxed them in the order they appeared on the cartoon, I unboxed Heath next.  He's from a budget beach line, but he still has the same articulation as the other boy dolls.  And he's wearing the same outfit as in the show, just with sandals instead of sneakers.

I was really worried that his sandals would fall off, but they're super snug!  Heath has no loose limbs to worry about.  He's Cheeto colored, but that's okay.  I'll take cheeto over solid yellow.

Heath's face print looks pretty perfect.  He's got a pleasant smile.  His hair is semi-transparent, so if you hold it up to the light it looks very bright.  I like him.  Another good boi.

Clawd looked kinda cramped in the box, but everything looks nice.  I might trim and shape his hair so his wolf ears show better.  I like the purple sneakers.  His pants look a little short too, but not as bad as Deuce's pants.

Here's Clawd out of the box!  His jacket sleeves are pleather, so I kinda don't like it.  It's a little hard to pose his arms in that jacket.  I like the pants more than Deuce's.  Clawd has all the same articulation as Deuce and Heath, but his body has fur detailing on the ankles and wrists, and claws on his fingers.

Clawd's eyes are printed just a teensy bit too high, but it still looks okay.  I also like his wolfy nose and scruffy cheeks.  I must say it again, good boi.

Here's all three boys together, out of the boxes.  Everybody looks good.  I'm happy to have these dolls.  I think I'm gonna have fun with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment