Monday, September 2, 2024

Playline Doll Brand Predictions

I've been feeling clairvoyant AF lately, getting tons of hunches, like big ones, but not about important real life issues, or lottery ticket numbers.  I'm getting hunches about the playline doll future.  For shits, I'm gonna post my predictions here, so I can look back here next year and see how far off I was.

Monster High: I think G3 is wrapping up.  They didn't make a third movie this year.  They're not signing up for a third season of the show.  The prototypes for next year's dolls have shit articulation.  I think G3 is gonna go into it's budget phase pre-death.  I think Generation 4 is gonna come out, and it's gonna look a lot more like G1, or they'll just keep releasing G1 sculpts in collectors dolls with limited quantities.

Rainbow High: I think they're working on a G2.  I think the slime dolls are G1.5.  I think 2025 is gonna see whole new body sculpts and head sculpts.  I think they'll be smaller, more Bratz sized.  They'll only have 5 points of articulation, with poly hair, and plastic clothes.  Why do I think that?  Look at the Yummyland dolls they made this year.

Barbie: I don't have any hunches about Barbie.  I don't think Dream Besties will go anywhere.  Barbie will still be the budget queen with some over priced collectors editions.

Bratz: I think the whole Always Bratz reboot failed catastrophically.  So, they're gonna pout about it and make more reproductions because those still sell.  They might have another poll on Instagram, then ignore the results and make whomever they feel like.

Winx Club: Everyone who cares knows that Winx Club is getting a huge reboot in 2025.  I think it'll sell really well in Europe, but be super hard to find here.  Will they save the doll world?  Maybe, maybe not.  The dolls will be absolutely gorgeous, but we might not even see them in stores in the US.  Well, if you're in Europe, by all means, enjoy.

LOL Surprise, OMG, Teens: I have no idea.  Not a single clue.

Will an indie brand pop up and surprise me?  Maybe, I dunno.  But indie brands go off like a firework then disappear, so I'm not too concerned.  About a third of my dolls are indie brands that I loved that died immediately.  Unicorn Academy folks, buy up your dolls now, they will not last.

No comments:

Post a Comment