Tuesday, September 3, 2024

2024 Dolly Goals Progress Report 4

I've been itching to fill this out, it's been long enough.

1. Buy less dolls.  I did a big doll sort and toss around the end of July.  It was surprisingly easier than I expected.  After researching other doll collectors methods for thinning the herd, I removed a couple brands I no longer wanted, and removed duplicate characters from brands I still liked, resulting in downsizing my collection by 27 dolls in total.  Also, I've reorganized some doll collections to take up less space, gaining more storage room by about 4 totes.  So, even though I still buy a couple dolls a month, I've reduced my numbers and how much space they take up to be actually lower than where they were at this time last year.

 2. Arts & Crafts.  Before Dolly House Con, I completed 4 convention t-shirts, 2 for me and 2 for my sister.  During Dolly House Con, I completed Skyler and Ruby's pajamas.  After the con, I made them some slippers with a doll slipper making tutorial my sister shared with me during the convention.  Needless to say, I'm all stitched out for now, with two jam packed months of sewing behind me.  I'm going to take a break and focus on making art for the next three months.  Sketchtember, Inktober, and Huevember.  I'll be using the month long challenges to get doll fanart completed.  There's a ton I want to do.  I will also try to write some fanfiction, if I have the energy for it.

3. Dolly House Con 2024.  Well, it came and went, and I felt hugely successful at it.  My sister and I watched tons of videos about doll making and doll history, and we got a lot of projects moved along too.  We will definitely do this again next year.

4. Socialize more.  I suck at this.  I've joined a Tumblr doll community, and some doll Reddit communities, but that's just more places to post the same pics for likes and views...  I know of an old fashioned antique doll group that meets in a town an hour away, but I'm too afraid to show up.

Final Thoughts: I'm still a shut-in, but I have been busy.  And I parted with some dolls without losing my shit.  Good job me.

No comments:

Post a Comment