Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Tutorial: Slip-on Shoes

Hi guys!  It's been a wicked long time since I posted a tutorial, and this was a learning experience for me, so I thought I'd share it with you.  Here's how I made a pair of dolly shoes!


The finished shoes










Materials: Velour fabric, though you can use any really.
                 Ribbon, optional
                 Interfacing, a thin but stiff material you can get at a fabric store
                 Thread

First trace around the doll's foot, leaving a little space around it.
Mark which foot it is and which end is the toes.
 
Put the top fabric on top of the foot and trace around the foot again.
This is where the pieces will go.
This is what the pieces look like before sewing.
If you want to add a decoration to the front, here's your perfect chance!
Now you can sew the pieces onto the sole of the shoe.
This is what it looks like completely sewn before you turn it right-side out.
And here's the finished product!
I hope you find this helpful and make many shoes. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment