Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2026

2026 Dolly Goals update 4

I've been doing a lot of hard thinking about my doll collecting this year.  Like, a lot.  Like, possible life changing thoughts.  When writing a packing list for a trip, I came to the realization that 90% of my dolls don't even have a second outfit, forget a wardrobe.  That was a punch to the face.  So yeah, let's get to my dolly goal recaps.

1. Photograph and document old dolls.  Haven't touched this goal in 4 months.  I only have 4 months left of the year, so I need to get back on this.

2. Invest time and money into stands and wardrobes.  I did run out of doll stands, and I bought another round of about 40, so I'm covered again, but yeah, I used up most of my January batch.  But as far as wardrobes go, I'm doing a shit job.  I bought a couple RH fashion packs on clearance, but I haven't given them to their dolls yet.  I still haven't bought all the Disney princess fashion packs at Walmart I want.  I haven't ordered doll shoes in months.  And my sewing productivity?  Abysmal.  It took me forever to finish Snow White and Aurora's sleepwear, and Jasmine and Mulan's is still cut out in a pile on my desk.  So for doll stands, I'll give myself an A+, but a D for wardrobes.

3. Draft patterns for dolls I already own.  Haven't done that since the Curvy Barbie patterns 3 months ago.  But in being mindful of who I buy, I've focused on buying dolls that can fit patterns I already have, which is something, I guess.

4. Be more mindful of buying dolls.  This is where I took a punch to the face.  I really like the Moonspell Magic dolls, and I really like my Monster High dolls, but I haven't really done any play with any of them, so I feel like I don't deserve them.  I was thinking of trying to make all year next year Monster High themed, but I just don't know.  I really like these dolls, but should I really keep buying them when they spend all their time in boxes?  I can't even look at them, because I don't have a doll room, or my own room...  I really like them, and seeing them sparks joy, but  I don't know if I deserve them at this point. I'm spacing them out and not buying them all at once, but do I really deserve them at all?

So yeah, that's where I'm at.  The only thing I've really succeeded at this year is buying and distributing doll stands, that they won't really need until we move to a bigger apartment, which I'm both looking forward to and dreading at the same time.  But yeah, I'm questioning whether or not I really deserve all the dolls I have, and wondering if I should just stop buying them altogether...  How much do I really love these dolls if most of them don't even have a second outfit?  Naturally, it would break my heart to part with them all, but, maybe they should belong to a better, more capable person than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment