Sunday, July 14, 2024

Mika and Spooka get new bodies! YMY Review

These are Mika and Spooka.  They're my two tinies.  I've had Mika for many years, and got Spooka more recently.  Mika used to be a catgirl.  Spooka is a Wednesday Addams wannabe.  They've both had Obitsu brand 11cm bodies, which I've struggled with.  Their hands, feet, and arms pop off when you're dressing or posing them.  Because of this, I've had to be very careful with them and not take them on fun adventures.

These are the Obitsu bodies I've had for them all this time.  Mika's is shiny because I got her when the OB11 dolls launched, and they didn't bother with skin texture at that point.  They have a ton of joints, which is great, but they fall apart very easily, like all the time.

This is Mika next to her new body.  It is the same height as her original body, and the legs are the same length.  It is sculpted differently, and looks better than the old one, to be honest.  The new body is a YMY 9.5cm tall body with normal white skintone, which is a near perfect match for Obitsu normal fleshtone.

Here's Spooka next to her new body, a YMY milky White, which seems like a good match for Obitsu Whitey.

Here's the girls in their new bodies.  To swap out the neck peg and chest joint, I heated the new bodies in hot water for one minute.  Since their heads are soft vinyl, they slid right on the neck pegs with a little push.  Now, all body parts are snug and secure!

I'm very relieved that their old clothes fit on their new bodies.  Their butts are a teensy bit bigger, but other than that, everything is a perfect fit!  They can even wear their old Obitsu shoes!  The only thing I need to replace is their option hands.  Obitsu option hands are not compatible.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the upgrade for my two tinies.  Since these limbs are much more sturdy and don't fall off, I'll be able to take my tinies on more adventures!  I want to take them everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment