Friday, July 19, 2024

2024 Dolly Goals Progress Report 3

I almost forgot about this, but it popped up in my head in just about the right time.

1. Buy less dolls.  I've screwed this one up a couple times now.  I bought a bundle of articulated Disney Princesses in June, which I don't regret, but then I also bought a Magic Mixies Pixling, then I bought 4 more.  The Magic Mixies Pixlings are incredibly beautiful to look at, however, they don't meet my minimum requirements for articulation, and they have molded on clothing.  I can't make clothes for them, and I can't pose them really well at all.  I haven't opened the 4 I bought this week, so I'll be returning them.  It sucks, but they were an impulse buy, after I already decided they weren't good dolls for me.

2. Arts & Crafts.  I have been doing decently on this.  In June, I finished Jade's pajamas, and made Sailor Scout costumes for Sunny and Violet.  I had to rest my hands for a week after that.  It was a lot of work.  In July, I've drafted patterns for the Disney Princess dolls, and made prototype pieces for Snow White.  For art, I've been going back in my sketchbook, and finished incomplete sketches, inked some, and colored some in with colored pencils.

3. Dolly House Con 2024.  This event is next month, so  I need to really buckle down and work on finishing things to prepare.  I want to make badges for Ariel and I, and t-shirts for our dolls.  I will have to cram to get these done soon, I'll work on them today.

4. Socialize more.  I did attend the doll meet at the anime convention in June.  I took many pictures, and handed out a few friend making cards, but then I didn't open communication with anyone who messaged me on Discord, because I forgot and deleted their requests...  I did join a new dolly discord, and I'm trying to socialize on there.  Shit is hard, okay?  I also added some people on Instagram, but then Instagram decided they were gonna use all our pictures to feed an AI, so now I hate Instagram, this shit be annoying.  I'm trying my best...

Final Thoughts: I feel a dolly sort and toss is incoming.  Since I'm replacing my Disney Store princess dolls with Hasbro Comfy princesses, I wanna give the Disney store dolls a new home.  Also, I want to get rid of my Bratz altogether, and downsize my Equestria Girls, because I have dupes of every character.  I'm also going to at least reorganize my smaller collections to take up fewer boxes.  I generally have 2 dolls per plastic tote, and if their wardrobes aren't too big, I can fit 6 dolls in there with some clothes and shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment