Sunday, August 18, 2024

Dolly House Con 2024

This weekend was the tiny, two person, online doll convention, Dolly House Con 2024.  It was a 3 day event, though we both prepped for it in advance, so it's been about a week of activities when you count prep.

My sister used a meme generator to make the pretend convention back drops for our dolls to attend the convention.  My "attendees" were Sunny and Violet, so I made them convention t-shirts in advance.

Here are my sister's dolls, Kobeni in blue and Catty in pink, both wearing shirts I made in advance and mailed to her the week before.  She sewed the blue pants and silver skirt a couple days before the con.

We took this event as a 3 day opportunity to watch doll videos and work on doll related crafts together.  My sister curated a Youtube playlist of doll documentaries and doll crafts tutorials.  The doll documentaries were awesome!  We learned about Raggedy Ann's, GI Joe's, and various cultural dolls from around the world.  During this 3 day event, I focused my crafting time on making bathrobes and pajamas for Ruby and Skyler!

One of the crafting tutorials really inspired us.  It was a tutorial to make fuzzy slippers for any doll we could trace the foot of.  After finishing Ruby and Skyler's pajamas, I tried the method of making slippers to match Skyler's bathrobe.  They aren't perfect, and they're a little fragile, but overall, I'm very pleased!  I can now go back to everyone else  I've made pajamas for, and add matching slippers!

All in all, I feel massively productive and successful.  Plus, I watched old Rainbow High videos during my downtime, so I'm hyped about my dollies again.

No comments:

Post a Comment